Mobile in hand, today's consumers are search savvy
Search trends that defined 2017 have been reported by Google and one thing becomes clear: "we're officially in the era of the research-obsessed consumer."
With a smartphone in hand, people can get the answers they need to make the right purchase decision anytime, anywhere. You can see this behavior clearly in search data—mobile searches for "best" and "reviews" have grown in the past two years.
- 115%+ growth in "best" mobile searches for face lotion and moisturizers in the past two years.
- 165%+ growth in "best" mobile searches for water bottles in the past two years.
- 375%+ growth in "best" mobile searches for salt in the past two years.
"we're officially in the era of the research-obsessed consumer."
- 80 % + growth in "best" mobile searches in the past two years.
From searches for small items such as toiletries to home coverings, from cars to super yachts, internet users are using mobiles to gain information on reviews and "best of" sites to inform them before purchase.
- 95%+ growth in Overall growth in t-shirts searches on mobile
- Unique Searches number of ways people search for t-shirts 1345k+
- Where to buy mobile search growth for "where to buy" t-shirts 80%+
- Best mobile search growth for "best" t-shirts 90%+
- Reviews mobile search growth for t-shirts "reviews" 95%+
All statistics information provided by Google, view further research and trends by visiting their own page on this: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/